Servings: Makes 2 8x4-inch loaves or 24 muffins
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 65 Minutes
· 2 cups of Compliments Gluten –free flour from Safeway
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon ground cloves
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1 ½ cups sugar
· ¼ Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
· 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 2 large eggs
· 2 cups canned 100% pure pumpkin or fresh (personal choice)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease loaf pans or set paper wrap for
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a bowl; use a whisk to mix well and set aside.
3. In large bowl beat (with fork or medium speed mixer) butter and sugar until just blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in pumpkin.
4. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for about 65 – 70 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let loaves cool in pan about 10 minutes, then on wire rack to cool completely.
6. While pumpkin bread is cooking make the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
· 1 package cream cheese, softened
· ¼ cup butter, softened
· 1 cup sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, and then gradually stir in the sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
After bread/muffins are cool spead icing evenly on top. Enjoy!