1. I have very sensitive skin. So I am careful as to what I put on my little rosy cheeks. So to exfoliate I use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Facial Scrub. A little goes a long way with this facial scrub! I use a dime sized drop on my fingers and scrub in a gentle circular motion all over. Specially targeting my nose, around my mouth, and my T zone which are all possible problem areas for me.
2. Before you judge what I am about to say I remove my eye makeup with…don’t. I have tried almost every eye makeup remover. A lot of them leave residue, burn me, or give me little zits under my eyes. The only eye make-up remover I own or ever will own again is AVON Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. I swear you could dump the whole bottle into your eye and you wouldn’t feel it. Hands down my favorite. I hate Avon products but this stuff is PRIMOOO.
3. After I have exfoliated I use a Dead Sea clay mask. I like Dead Sea clay because it draws out the toxins from my skin. Leaving my skin feeling fresh, firm and clean. You can use which ever facial mask you feel is best suited for your skin type/condition.
4. After I have left my mask on for 15 minutes I rise with luke warm water. A very common mistake many people make is washing their faces with really hot water. You are drying out your skin and stripping it of all your natural oils.
5. Apply toner… I like to use apple cider vinegar as toner… it diminishes large/ visible pores. On a daily basis although I use Clinique clarifying lotion 3 for combination oily skin. I really love Clinique’s line that targets different skin issues.
6. Last but not least moisturize. I again like Clinique moisturizer but I use Bioderma Sensibio AR - Anti Redness Cream to aid with my rosy cheeks from rosacea. Like I said with the masks; use the lotion custome to your skin type.
I really believe the importance of taking care of our skin especially after a long harsh Halloween weekend.